Quick computer audio question. (2)

stoney_titan

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
2,018
I just installed a Creative Audigy SE and I'm very, very impressed! Is it ok to uninstall all the realtek drivers? I assume yes?

Also, how do I". switch between my speakers and headphones? Right now I only get audio in my headphones and I can't find an option to toggle the two. The only program that came with the drivers online was the tiny "Creative Audio Console". Thanks.
 
Ya you can uninstall the driver if you like. If you do though, turn the onboard card off in the BIOS. Otherwise, you may find that Windows whines when it starts up about an unknown device.
 
The easiest way to lose the other sound card is to disable it in the CMOS.
You dont need to uninstall the drivers but can if you wish.

If you wish to switch between speakers and headphones you will need a switch box/socket or plug the headphones into your amp (if possible) when you want to use them.
 
The easiest way to lose the other sound card is to disable it in the CMOS.
You dont need to uninstall the drivers but can if you wish.

If you wish to switch between speakers and headphones you will need a switch box/socket or plug the headphones into your amp (if possible) when you want to use them.

Are you serious? I can't just switch them? :(
 
Are you serious? I can't just switch them? :(

What with?
If you set your speakers to Stereo for your headphones, sound will come out of the Front Speakers Jack.
Thats where 2 speaker sound comes from and the front speakers from a multi speaker setup.
If you want the front speakers sound output to connect to anything else you will need a way of routing the signal to it.

A non audiophile method is to have both the amp and headphones wired in at the same time.
It may sound ok and shouldnt damage anything so could be worth a try.
Careful switching your amp on though if you've had the volume high on the headphones, you might damage a speaker.
Perhaps even more important, if you have been playing it loud on the hifi, careful not to put the headphones straight on as you might hurt your ears.
Remember you cant turn the headphones off unless you have a way of unplugging them so be sure not to go too loud on the hifi if the earphones cant take it, if you permanently wire them.
Best to get plugs or a switch box so only one thing is connected at a time.
 
Back
Top