Quick BF2 Question

I didn't want to make a thread for this but what exactly is the issue regarding purchase of a used copy of bf2 from someone? I had heard there was an issue that once you play online it's linked to that email address or something. Anyone can shed some light on what the real deal is? Thanks!

yes, does anyone know if you can transfer accounts?

i found this on EA.com but not sure about it

Q: Does EA have any policy for legitimate transfer of the account?

A: As stated in the User Agreement all players agree to in order to play, "You may only transfer ownership of your Account through the Account Transfer service provided by EA for the Game. Any other transfer of ownership may result in termination of your Account. Further, EA will only recognize the original registrant as the Account owner, unless a valid transfer has taken place through EA’s Account Transfer service. If the Account Transfer service is not used, if there is a dispute over ownership of the Account, the Account will be returned to the original registrant. If the Account Transfer service is used, the new owner keeps the Account. EA does not arbitrate disputes between players about Account ownership. Transferring your Account is not a right: if EA terminates your Account, we have no obligation to let you transfer it to someone else instead. While EA provides a system for transferring Account ownership for the Game, EA and its subsidiaries do not assume any responsibility for the integrity, content, community reputation, or any other element of perceived value regarding the Account being transferred. Electronic Arts is not responsible for any oversight of the transfer of Accounts beyond the mechanics of actual ownership transference."

Thats about an account like if you wanted to give or sell someone your account, but doesnt mention anything about the actual game install itself and the key.

I sold my BF2 to a friend, works fine. You could have 50x accounts if you'd like. You just can't have more than one instance of the game running on the same CDkey at the same time.

The only problem would be with the previous owner writing down the cd key and making him/herself a copy of the disc.

You're going to have to make your own account. I don't beleive accounts are tied to cd keys either because I know people who have multiple accounts on one key.

Snotrocket said:
The only problem would be with the previous owner writing down the cd key and making him/herself a copy of the disc.

You're going to have to make your own account. I don't beleive accounts are tied to cd keys either because I know people who have multiple accounts on one key.

the account is definately not tied to the CD Key as I have used my account on a friends computer with a different CDkey.

Back