• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

quick ati driver question

sdy284

Gawd
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
601
when updating drivers (from 10.2 to 10.3) do i have to uninstall old ones, or can i just install new over old?
 
AMD recommends installing the new drivers right over the old one. You'll only need to completely uninstall the driver if you have issues. I've been doing the recommended method, and I've yet to have any problems and I've been running AMD GPUs since the 4890 was released.
 
when updating drivers (from 10.2 to 10.3) do i have to uninstall old ones, or can i just install new over old?

I just recently noticed ATI was recommending installing on top, I tried it once and it was complete fail! (10.3a to 10.3b) Catalyst started acting up, very sluggish, and my games ran like crap. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of 10.3b (with driver sweeper) and everything ran great again.
 
I've been installing over top since 3850 and no problems.. I know some people have issues but idk.
 
Back
Top