• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Quick AQX50z question:

khanable

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
9,776
Hello gurus, please aid me in this really quick:

http://www.systemcooling.com/images/reviews/LiquidCooling/AQX-50Z/image8big.jpg

Check out that pic from Systemcooling.com's 50z review. It shows that metal ring that looks somewhat lubed up and stuck in place.

Now, I have absolutely no idea what that thing is, but what I do know is that I popped the back of my pump open for curiousity's sake and found my metal ring thing just flopping around and dry as a bone! I don't think it was ever stuck in place like that.

Anyway, I don't want this to affect my pumps life if it doesn't have to. The pump is running 100% fine at the moment and would like it to stay this way for a long time.

Anything to worry about here?

Thanks dudes :cool:
 
I'm not particularly sure which metal ring you're referring to. The one on the inlet housing?
 
this.jpg


the dark grey ring that is bent strange and all.. kinda looks like it's lubed up.. yea idk what to call it. Or what to call what its stuck to. It's the circle thing on the other circle thing!

:D
 
It looks to be a washer attached to a ball bearing... likely used to isolate that bearing from the back of the pump housing.

If I get a chance today, I'll pop open a 50Z and check it out--keep in mind, though, that Quoc's taking today off... so I have to take care of all of his stuff in addition to my own--and I already had more stuff to do than James Bond has girls before he decided this.


<-- Needs sleep...badly
 
It appears to be a Wave Disc Spring and can be easily found at McMaster. If that is the case it will hold pressure on the bearing to force the shaft to the other end of the case.
 
Adrenaline said:
It appears to be a Wave Disc Spring and can be easily found at McMaster. If that is the case it will hold pressure on the bearing to force the shaft to the other end of the case.

Ah, interesting. Any idea if something like this should be lubricated or anything?
 
The spring should be pushing on the outer race of the bearing, which will not be spinning with the shaft. It should not require any lubrication as the bearing will be the lubrication point.
 
Adrenaline said:
The spring should be pushing on the outer race of the bearing, which will not be spinning with the shaft. It should not require any lubrication as the bearing will be the lubrication point.

That's all I wanted to know!


Thanks!!
 
Back
Top