• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick answer on cable extensions

jcll2002

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
3,655
I'm going to buy the logitech z5300s and I need to extend the rear ones. Can someone point me to the exact cables? (I'm buying from radioshack)

Also, do I need to buy a sound card? I was set on the xfi xtrememusic. I have the karajan audio module that came with my mobo.
 
Do you plan on doing any gaming? If not, the karajan is a fine onboard solution, but if so, the X-Fi is definitly worth it.
 
i also have a question about the speaker setup...

speakers.JPG


Thats roughly the setup of my room.

what should i do about the back ones? theyre alot farther away then the front ones.
 
That's why you can always calibirate your speakers with Creative Sound cards :) or use fade effect via speaker controller right?
 
well, i havent gotten the speakers yet nor the sound card :D

What do you think about mounting the front ones?
 
I would go ahead and mount it all. But if you're going to be gaming, you'll need to turn up the volume a bit so you'd hear it better since the fronts are further away. Hopefully you don't disturb anyone around you :)
 
yes, the rear are farther away.

Here comes another noob question, because I have never done anything with speakers before:

1) Do i mount them at ear level on the walls or close to the ceiling?
2) How should the wires be run? Just taped to the edges of the walls?
3) Can someone provide links to the exact wire extenders?
 
I meant that the fronts are now further away also. Instead of being right on your desk next to you where they hit your ears, they're now on the ceiling.

1, I mounted mine close to the ceiling angled down at the center.
2. You can be neat and drill some holes through the walls and run them all the way to the amp. I just let them fall to the ground and be run to the amp. If you want to try to be neat, you can tape them along the edge of the ceiling/wall and run them so they're not all over the place .
3. Your speakers will use RCA cables for the hook up. Just find some RCA wires, (Normal A/V cables) and then find female to female connectors and you can extend from there.
Like so:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...00000399&numProdsPerPage=20&parentPage=family

or just buy the wire, if you don't have spare RCA cables around:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...256&pg=1&numProdsPerPage=20&parentPage=family
 
Back
Top