Quick AIO questions (noise/performance)

entropism

2[H]4U
Was looking at moving to an easy AIO solution to save some space in the case and clean up the looks a bit. I had a few in mind, but I wanted to get some input here first. For the record, I'm basically building an all new system. New case, mobo, CPU, ram. Keeping my SSD, GTX 1070, possibly fans, POSSIBLY my Mugen Max cooler if an AIO won't help me?

Right now I have a focus on reducing noise. Currently have 4 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1150 RPMs (D1225C12B3AP-13) in a Corsair 400r with a Mugen Max cooler. The cooler has a PWM 1400mm Glidestream on it.

I'm looking to change cases to either a Phanteks P400S TG, or an NZXT S340 Elite. Neither of these will fit the Mugen Max. The Arctic 240 caught my eye due to the review here, but neither case will work with a push/pull on the radiator. I couldn't find any info about noise/performance with only running two of the fans, so I'm hesitant to buy it and have it be a total flop. I can pick up a Deepcool Captain 240EX, CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 280, etc, but I trust the reviews here rather than random Youtube "reviewers".

One last thing: I'm leaning towards a Ryzen 1700 with as much of an OC as I can get, but an i7 7700k (or coffee equivalent) is always an option. For the next few months it'll be on a 3570K at 4.4Ghz.

So, I guess what I'm asking is:

#1 - Anyone have any experience running the Arctic 240 with only 2 fans?

#2 - Anyone have any experience with the midrange 240/280mm AIOs as far as noise and performance go? I'm trying to keep the costs AROUND $100, so no Kraken x62 for me.

#3 - Will reusing the Scythe GTs be better for me than, say, the F12s on the Arctic, or the stock fans on other AIOs?

Edit: One last thing! Assume ambient temps will be about 75F / 24C in the summer, 65F / 18C in the winter.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back