• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick advice for stoopid questions

Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
590
My 3800 x2 just arrived, so all my parts are here.

Having buit many Intel boxes over the years, but no AMD, can I assume the procedure is the same? I've got some Radio Shack silicone goo. Apply a thin layer, install the CPU and go on as usual? Any AMD specific tricks I should know or be aware of?

Hey, I said it was some stupid questions. Thanks...
 
Dennis Gordon said:
My 3800 x2 just arrived, so all my parts are here.

Having buit many Intel boxes over the years, but no AMD, can I assume the procedure is the same? I've got some Radio Shack silicone goo. Apply a thin layer, install the CPU and go on as usual? Any AMD specific tricks I should know or be aware of?

Hey, I said it was some stupid questions. Thanks...

umm what are you going to use that silicone glue for?
:confused:
 
Gonna put it between the processor and heat sink. That would be _goo_ not _glue_. I've been using the same tube for a coupla years....
 
Back
Top