• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Quick access USB Ports

n64man120

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
3,498
I want to mod easy access usb ports into the front of my case. Like how alot of computers have now where they have USB, firewire, etc right in the front to plug devices in. What would I need to get so i hook it up to recieve USB cables? I've never seen anythign to do this job
 
You might want to try www.frontx.com. They have various types of hookups that can plug in onto motherboard headers or that will extend to the usb ports on the back of your computer and will just move them to the front.
 
I did this exact thing to my case.
I took apart the extra usb cables that are supposed to take up a slot on the back of the case. I then modded teh extra plate cover that is above my floppy drive to take the usb cables.
 
So I should just take an old USB Cable, mod the recieving end into the front of the case and just snake the cable somehow through my case (hiding them totaly) and then out the back and into the USB slot?
 
I have an old mobo with no documentation, any suggestions how to figure out which pins to use?
 
Back
Top