Quicbooks *BREAKS* merchant services

waldo22

n00b
Thought you guys would be interested in this.

I have my merchant account (to accept credit cards) through Quickbooks.

I pay Intuit $17.95/month simply for the privelige of accepting credit cards, when I only accept them maybe every 2 or three months.

Today, when trying to process a charge, I got this message:

QuickbooksForcedUpgrade.JPG

They told me it was coming, and it made me mad, but now that it's happened, it just infuriates me. (here is the notice that they sent in Feb.)

This is PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE!

It is one thing to stop offering technical support and updates for an older (QB2003???) product. It cuts down on training costs for employees and allows more effort to be concentrated on newer products.

But it is quite another to INTENTIONALLY BREAK a feature of the product in order FORCE you to upgrade to the latest version.

There is absolutely no reason to discontinue a feature of a product other than to force me to upgrade. They didn't bother to discontinue BILLING me for the service for the past two months, I might add. They also disabled my ability to email invoices and do other online services.

What do you guys think of this?

Do I have any recourse?

Again, they have not merely discontinued support (or sunset) the older product, but have disabled features that I paid for, and are holding them ransom until I cough up $190 to upgrade a perfectly good product.

Wes

Back