Questions-

gwarren007

Fully [H]
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
25,255
I am getting cable internet in the next few days and was worndering-
I would like to build a new computer soley for the F@H software and have thought about running a DC. Can I have it run at a set speed? Like 60% processor capability?
Thinking of:
945g chipset
1gb ram
120 gb hd
3.0 presler DC
Zalman 775 HS (9500 led)
480w PS
Since it will be "always on", does this sound reasonable?
.
gwarren007
 
Why don't you get a 965 board with a Core 2 Duo? Much more performance. All other parts could remain the same.
 
I was looking for micro atx so I wouldn't have yet another full tower around. Plus I can't justify to the boss the cost of the 965 board and like an E6400 (sig) that I just got through buying. :D
gwarren007
.
A 865/945g board is ~50, and a 2.8 presler is 135. And I have the ram, fan and Matx case.
I would love a 965p in a Matx. 1 pcie-16, gb lan, 3 full length pci/e slots and 4 ram slots.
Any ideas?
 
gwarren007 said:
I would like to build a new computer soley for the F@H software and have thought about running a DC. Can I have it run at a set speed? Like 60% processor capability?
Thinking of:
945g chipset
1gb ram
120 gb hd
3.0 presler DC
Zalman 775 HS (9500 led)
480w PS
Since it will be "always on", does this sound reasonable?
.
gwarren007

Heavy specs with a very big hard drive for a PC that will only be used for folding. You could go much cheaper that that. If it's only for F@H, drop down to 512mB of RAM, 80gB HDD and S478. Then you can build 2.

And if you'rew going to have this machine only for F@H, why not let it run at 100%. Even if you're gonna use it for something else, you can run it at 100%.

And "always on" isn't even totally necessary, but it helps.
 
Back
Top