Questions on Zalman VF1000

mis3

Gawd
I am thinking to add the Zalman VF1000 to my 8800GT (ordered) and I have these questions:

1. Do I have to buy the RHS88 as well? VF1000 comes with small memory heatsinks already, are they OK?

2. VF1000 comes with a "fan mate" to control the fan speed. I do not really want to install this small box outside my case. Is there any way to connect the VF1000 directly to the motherboard? My motherboard is Asus P5E-WS and can I connect the VF1000 directly to one the fan headers and control the fan speed by Q-fan?

no idea about the GT
youll need it on a GTS / GTX / Ultra...but i'd wait a few weeks for the coolermanufactuers to adapt their coolers.

Can you please explain why you need the RHS88 on a 8800 GTS/GTX/Ultra?

The VF1000 is installed on top of the GPU with a fan blowing directly to it. The heatpipes are there to carry the heat from the GPU to the heat fins. This concept works on the CPU, why do we need the RHS88? I am sure it's better to add RHS88, but it this a must?

The purpose of RHS88 is to cool the memory modules, I am thinking to use the mini heatsinks that come with the VF1000.

Back