• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Questions about the SN95G5

Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
648
Would this be able to handle a 6800 GT / Ultra and 2 76GB Raptors with a DVD RW drive?

How much of an OC can one expect from this tiny beast? (Really asking what is the max OC you have all gotten so I can get an idea. Would like to know RAM speeds and any use of dividers if possible,)

Does it come in any other colors but black?

How is the audio on this thing?
 
i dnt understand y u need to oc it

i just built a sn95g5
ad 64 3500+
vstream tv card w/ remote
1gb hynix ram
250gb maxtor sata
fx geforce 5200 le
aopen dual dvdrw

win mce 2005 w/ remote

and it runs like the big daddy at amazing speeds
 
I would OC mine, but I haven't figured out which temp readings are accurate.
 
I've been o/cing mine and its going pretty well. My 3200 maxes out at about 2.45ghz (did this on my neo2 aswell) and is very stable. Shuttle's cooling system is pretty good and I have it set in bios to not let the temp go over 45c and it has been. I've seen somepeople hit 2.6-2.7 with there's but I guess its all luck of the draw. Remeber to cut off the grill on th back of as it restricts airflow coming through the heatsink. As for sound I have no idea, just popped my audigy 2 in there and never used the onboard. I know it will run fine with a 6800 GT and a dvd burner (it's what I've got) but I'm not sure of the dual raptors aswell. It comes stock black, but you can buy replacement panel for it that are different colors or have windows.
 
Hello,
Yes, the Shuttle will handle a setup like that. I'm currently only using one HD, but I've got a 6800GT in there along with DVD RW with no problems. Many people use two drives and high end video with no problems. Check out sfftech.com Shuttle XPC forums for alot more specific sn95g5 info.

I used the onboard audio for a bit. It sounds 'tinny' and eats a ton of cpu cycles in games if that matters to you. I dropped in an Audigy2 and it's literally worlds better, and doesn't use near the CPU cycles. I would definitely recommend an Audigy2 or equivalent rather than the onboard sound if you plan to do any gaming.

There are no other colors other than black. OC options are decent, with voltage tweaks etc. I've seen alot of people getting up to around 250mhz FSB, of course that depends on your CPU and RAM. The cooling system does pretty good.
 
The SN95G5 should be able to hold all of those things. My system is in my sig and it runs perfectly fine, no power issues or anything. I haven't done any OC'ing but from what I've read your mileage will vary. I don't think you will get as big of an OC as you would if you used a full tower. The SN95G5 doesn't seem to be a great OC'ing candidate. The only issue with 2x Raptors would be heat so it might require some extra ventilation to keep the case temps down. I agree with snaggletto, check out the forums at sfftech.com. There's tons of good info there. That's where I did most of my research before I bought my shuttle.
 
Back
Top