Questions about SB Audigy 2 and Software

Finsta

Gawd
Joined
Oct 9, 2003
Messages
707
Does the software that is included take up a lot of RAM and does not need to be installed? I'd prefer not to install it, but I do not know if I can use CMSS2 without the programs...Advice please:)
 
The only Creative program I have running is the volume control (CTSysVol.exe), takes up about 6-7 MB of ram according to task manager. You don't even need this running, but it's a quick way to get to surround mixer, speaker settings, and eax console. So no, Creative software won't hog much ram, the installation will take up around 150MB of hard drive space if you install everything (but you can choose not to install some programs you won't use).

You should just try CMSS and see if you like it (most ppl don't).

Dump the programs you won't use, I'd keep audioHQ, surround mixer, and speaker settings though.
 
I use CMSS2. CMSS provides the reverb from stereo to 5.1. What should I do?
 
Back
Top