I have a 120gb IDE HDD with 4 partitions, and windows is installed in one partition. The other partitions are just for data storage. The partition was done by partition magic.
Here comes the question - if i only change my mobo and use the same drive, will the OS be able to recognize the partitions? (I'm planning to format the partition where the OS is installed and reinstall the OS)
Also.. I have two extra SATA hard drives with the same brand and specs. I was planning to set them up as RAID0 but i noticed that many people were skeptical about performance in small-size file transfers. My computer is mainly for gaming. Should i go for raid or just have them as 2 drives?
i'd be glad to hear any suggestions..
Here comes the question - if i only change my mobo and use the same drive, will the OS be able to recognize the partitions? (I'm planning to format the partition where the OS is installed and reinstall the OS)
Also.. I have two extra SATA hard drives with the same brand and specs. I was planning to set them up as RAID0 but i noticed that many people were skeptical about performance in small-size file transfers. My computer is mainly for gaming. Should i go for raid or just have them as 2 drives?
i'd be glad to hear any suggestions..