• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

questions about my build

Doreon

n00b
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
17
I just got my parts in today and everything is going smoothly but I have ran into a couple of things I wanted to ask about. I did try google but I wasn't sure what to search for and I got no results.

1. This is my first amd install. Is it suppose to be that hard to mount the fan? I seriously had to push with all my strength to get it clip in. And is it really only that single bar holding the fan on?

2. I bought some case fans and my mobo only has 1 4-pin fan connector. It has several of the 3 pins. It seems like I remember reading that you could use the 3 min fan connectors with the 4 pin fans (I tried and it will fit but the fan cord has one empty hole) Is it okay to do this? if not what are my solutions? My PSU and fans didn't come with an adapter.
 
1. Yes & yes
2. Yes again

Edit: & For question 1 using a flat headed screw driver is by far the easiest way. Not a little tine stubby one or precision one either. I am talking a good sized one to get you some leverage.
 
If the HSF does not have a notch to hold the screwdriver, I wouldn't suggest using one. It shouldn't be too hard to latch on, then you simply need pull the lever over to tighten it. If that required all your strength, you probably need to start using hand grips. ;)
 
Back
Top