• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Questions about AA and HDR

Arkalius

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
272
I know that current cards cannot do FP16 HDR and MSAA at the same time. I've read that SSAA is possible with FP16 HDR... Multisampling was introduced with the GeForce 3 line of cards and it's Quincunx AA (if I remember correctly). I'm wondering... with current hardware, do all AA settings in games use multisampling, or will they use supersampling for 2xAA? If they do use SSAA with 2xAA, and SS is possible with HDR, doesn't that mean you could have HDR turned on (in the few games that support it anyway) and also activate 2xAA?
 
Arkalius said:
I know that current cards cannot do FP16 HDR and MSAA at the same time. I've read that SSAA is possible with FP16 HDR... Multisampling was introduced with the GeForce 3 line of cards and it's Quincunx AA (if I remember correctly). I'm wondering... with current hardware, do all AA settings in games use multisampling, or will they use supersampling for 2xAA? If they do use SSAA with 2xAA, and SS is possible with HDR, doesn't that mean you could have HDR turned on (in the few games that support it anyway) and also activate 2xAA?

All games use MSAA for their AA settings. You can force 2xSSAA through drivers I believe for Nvidia cards, but I believe the performance hit with HDR is still huge.
 
Back
Top