questions about a nvidia 690

khitsicker

n00b
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
28
I have a quick question about the nvidia 690 gtx. Is the on board sli always on? If so can I run 3 monitors of different resolutions. I have a 30inch with 2 20inch (1600 x 1200) in portrait on the sides. I don't mind if the sli only works on the 30 inch as long as the 20's can still be on. Currently if I turn on sli on my 2 x gts 450's the 20 inches go dark.
 
Activating all displays will shut off SLI mode, but for desktop use its fine. SLI will only owrk on one screen in that case if you don't have surround set up.
 
Wait so SLI only works for 1 monitor? Huh?

Does that apply for any SLI setup or just dual GPU solutions?

I have never heard of this before.
 
Hello!

SLI does work with multiple monitors to include surround if that is what you are looking at.
Also referring to your orginal post, so I understand you want to just run three different monitors on a single GTX 690? Also are you trying to do a surround setup or basic display?
 
Back
Top