Questions about 7950 GX2

ohgod

Gawd
I just received my 7950 GX2 via UPS from EVGA ( I love the step-up program) and had a few questions for the other people that have them.
1: What drivers do you guys use?
2: What are your idle temperatures?

Right now my card(s) are idling around 63 degrees celcius.
Oh and are the drivers supposed to see the card as an SLI set-up?

I am using 91.33 and so far they are working fine.

My idle temps are 55-60c.

Yes the drivers do allow you to change SLI settings like the rendering method. Split frame rendering/Alternate frame rendering.

skittzle said:
I am using 91.33 and so far they are working fine.

My idle temps are 55-60c.

Yes the drivers do allow you to change SLI settings like the rendering method. Split frame rendering/Alternate frame rendering.

I just set it to Nvidia's default for the rendering method. Is one better than the other or is it game specific. How can I tell if its working.

I think it is best to leave it on default. I have played around with the settings and dont see much difference.

Do some testing with fraps and see if it changes the fps.

Thanks!
Also does anyone else have a problem starting the contol panel. When I try to start it trough the drivers or trying to use Ntune( which doesnt work) my computer goes to about 70-100% CPU usage for a few minutes and it finnaly starts up. None of the Ntune stuff is in the control panel. So far i've tried the 91.33 and the 91.37 drivers and they both do the same thing after Driver Cleaner and a fresh install. Any ideas?

Careful with Driver cleaner. It hosed my chipset driver as well when upgrading from 91.31 to 91.33.

If you are having issues with the 7950, my two major hurdles were PEG link setting in BIOS and the 91.31 driver conflicting with my chipset driver.

So I updated my chipset driver to 6.86 and my video card drivers are now at 91.31. I cant get SLI to work, i'll sniff around in my Bios to see if I can find anything.

ohgod said:
Thanks!
Also does anyone else have a problem starting the contol panel. When I try to start it trough the drivers or trying to use Ntune( which doesnt work) my computer goes to about 70-100% CPU usage for a few minutes and it finnaly starts up. None of the Ntune stuff is in the control panel. So far i've tried the 91.33 and the 91.37 drivers and they both do the same thing after Driver Cleaner and a fresh install. Any ideas?

This thing happens to me in 91.33 and .37 as well. I am not sure why it does this But when eva i load the new CP in these drivers i get 15-20% Cpu usage going for about 3 mins and then it finally loads up. Going into the Video/Television tab seems to give me long pauses as well...I can jump into old cp but that still does give me a slight pausing..i am not sure why it does this.

91.31 loads up instantly.

AFIK..if you use a single GX2 you dont mess with the sli settings..leave it @ nvidia recomended.

K007 said:
This thing happens to me in 91.33 and .37 as well. I am not sure why it does this But when eva i load the new CP in these drivers i get 15-20% Cpu usage going for about 3 mins and then it finally loads up. Going into the Video/Television tab seems to give me long pauses as well...I can jump into old cp but that still does give me a slight pausing..i am not sure why it does this.

91.31 loads up instantly.

AFIK..if you use a single GX2 you dont mess with the sli settings..leave it @ nvidia recomended.
Thanks! Its weird but with 91.31 I dont get Nvidia reccomended. What are you running now?

I am 99% sure it wasen't there on .31..

Just give .37 a shot. I have .37..it takes 3-4 mins to load but i make sure i get all the settings and just leave it at that..its annoying..but hey i gotta use it in order to make sure the dam card works properly...nvidia drivers are getting worse and worse.

K007 said:
I am 99% sure it wasen't there on .31..

Just give .37 a shot. I have .37..it takes 3-4 mins to load but i make sure i get all the settings and just leave it at that..its annoying..but hey i gotta use it in order to make sure the dam card works properly...nvidia drivers are getting worse and worse.
I just loaded them up, it seems since Nvidia forced this "wasy to use" control panel on us things are gettings harder. So they havent implemented a displa of load balancing or something similar for single GX2's? Thanks for the help by the way!

Back