I had originally thought about getting one of the many 120hz monitors (namely the Alienware AW2310), but I am not sure if they are viable for my needs. I used to play a lot of Counter-Strike 1.6, and planned to get back into playing it, but mainly this new rig I am building will be for the new version of Counter-Strike coming out next year (CS: GO) as well as a few other games.
With that in mind, using a single unlocked and OCd Sapphire 6950 Toxic, would the difference be noticeable with a 120hz monitor given that my single card may not reach 120fps for future games using preferably close to max settings?
I've never personally owned a CRT monitor, but I've used a few at some LAN events. Most of my gaming has been done on several different LCD monitors (TN panels). What I really wanted was a Dell U2312m or a NEC EA232wmi, but I was driven away by everyone who talks about them being unusable for gaming.
Does anyone with a AW2310 or similar think they are worth it, even if the picture quality and color reproduction is less than the other monitors I listed? Even though I don't do any graphical work, I'm really interested in the best of both worlds when it comes to gaming and picture quality for watching movies and the like.
Thanks a lot.
With that in mind, using a single unlocked and OCd Sapphire 6950 Toxic, would the difference be noticeable with a 120hz monitor given that my single card may not reach 120fps for future games using preferably close to max settings?
I've never personally owned a CRT monitor, but I've used a few at some LAN events. Most of my gaming has been done on several different LCD monitors (TN panels). What I really wanted was a Dell U2312m or a NEC EA232wmi, but I was driven away by everyone who talks about them being unusable for gaming.
Does anyone with a AW2310 or similar think they are worth it, even if the picture quality and color reproduction is less than the other monitors I listed? Even though I don't do any graphical work, I'm really interested in the best of both worlds when it comes to gaming and picture quality for watching movies and the like.
Thanks a lot.