Questionable Games Quality' Threatening EA's Stock

It is funny to note that the guy/women who wrote the piece along with others doesn't care about EA game quality unless it pertains to profits.

I hope EA doesn't place their money-goggling hand of death on Mythic's Warhammer Online. It's nice that they're pouring resources into the company and that the game is getting released much later than intended to allow for more polish, but after the atrocity that is Hellgate: London I can't help but be afraid that EA is going to fuck things up.:(

I dont neccesarily agree with EA buying up every video game company, or buying stock in those companies. But to say they are releasing utter crap is a pretty bold statement.

Skate - Better than Tony Hawk games
Medal of Honor Airbourne - Best Medal of Honor game in years
Madden 08 - best madden ever
NHL 08 - Absolutely amazing game

All these games are made by EA and are all good games, and are better than their competitors or are a vast improvemnts over their predecessors.

**EDIT**
Mass Effect made by Bioware, Bioware is owned my EA

Skate I'll grant you.
MOH:A was the best in years because all the recent ones have been pure poo.
Madden 04 was the best madden ;)
NHL 08 was the biggest mistake I made in years. Traded it for crackdown.

and ME was made by Bioware long before EA bought them. It's published by MS.

I dont neccesarily agree with EA buying up every video game company, or buying stock in those companies. But to say they are releasing utter crap is a pretty bold statement.

Skate - Better than Tony Hawk games
Medal of Honor Airbourne - Best Medal of Honor game in years
Madden 08 - best madden ever
NHL 08 - Absolutely amazing game

All these games are made by EA and are all good games, and are better than their competitors or are a vast improvemnts over their predecessors.

**EDIT**
Mass Effect made by Bioware, Bioware is owned my EA

Skate was very cool and a nice step for the genre. (I hope it comes to the PC)
Medal of Honor Airboune - was overhyped and didn't deliver on what it said, but on that note it is fun none the less and I do own it. Madden 08 - "BEST MADDEN EVER", please!

I get so tired of people looking at features taken away and then re added and claimed to be the best ever. I agree with the other poster Madden 04 - 05 were the best, since then it has sucked balls. Ncaa is more fun now. It is the year 2007 and we still have craptacular running, the players look stupid and we are still using mocap. Doesn't the 360 have three cores all running at 3.2ghz and the PS3 have cell. Why can't we have a physics engine? All they do is recycle the same tired crap and give it to you and say here it is new go and buy. Jump monkey jump!

I like how people refer to Madden and FIFA and such as "The best MADDEN ever" or "the best FIFA ever" but can't even delude themselves into saying it's "The best GAME ever" or "The best game THIS YEAR" or even "The best game that was released in August".

MoH:Airborne was definitely overhyped and didn't deliver, not to mention that it is completely eclipsed by CoD4.

Skate is actually a pretty good and well-timed product, as it capitalizes on the new Tony Hawk title at a time where people are getting tired of that franchise. But it's not like they're not going to over-milk it for all that franchise's worth and run it into the ground.

This is ridiculous..

You don't have to buy what they make. You act as if your forced to buy bad products.

Heard of the saying, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me?"

If you buy an EA sports game, say, FIFA 07, and dont like it. Then you go buy FIFA 08 and dont like it and curse the game company... Who looks like the idiot there?

*BTW: FIFA 08 is sweet*

Anyway, it seems absurd to me that people complain about something like this..

Yeah that's not completely true. EA doesn't simply produce or distribute games. They aggressively buy out competitors and rights to franchises so that they can put out shovelware without competing. They also buy or fund studios who are in dire need of money but have great IPs and great teams and run them into the ground with piss-poor management.

A LOT of hardforumers are big Mechwarrior fans. Ever wonder why there's never been a good online or MMO Mech game since the 90's? It's because EA dicked around with the franchise rights. They bought out the rights from MS and hired some very talented people to work on their Battletech online game in their EAOnline division. The development team never got all the funding they were promised. Most of them went without pay for up to six months until the project, which had done incredibly well considering the circumstances (if you had a chance to play the beta, it was pretty damn fun and had a LOT of good concepts to be implemented), was completely canned. This was basically the story of nearly all EAOnline division games until EAOnline itself collapsed.

So no, simply not buying their product is not enough at this point. With their resources they not only ruin their own IPs and games, they affect the entire industry.

I like how people refer to Madden and FIFA and such as "The best MADDEN ever" or "the best FIFA ever" but can't even delude themselves into saying it's "The best GAME ever" or "The best game THIS YEAR" or even "The best game that was released in August".

MoH:Airborne was definitely overhyped and didn't deliver, not to mention that it is completely eclipsed by CoD4.

Skate is actually a pretty good and well-timed product, as it capitalizes on the new Tony Hawk title at a time where people are getting tired of that franchise. But it's not like they're not going to over-milk it for all that franchise's worth and run it into the ground.

Yeah that's not completely true. EA doesn't simply produce or distribute games. They aggressively buy out competitors and rights to franchises so that they can put out shovelware without competing. They also buy or fund studios who are in dire need of money but have great IPs and great teams and run them into the ground with piss-poor management.

A LOT of hardforumers are big Mechwarrior fans. Ever wonder why there's never been a good online or MMO Mech game since the 90's? It's because EA dicked around with the franchise rights. They bought out the rights from MS and hired some very talented people to work on their Battletech online game in their EAOnline division. The development team never got all the funding they were promised. Most of them went without pay for up to six months until the project, which had done incredibly well considering the circumstances (if you had a chance to play the beta, it was pretty damn fun and had a LOT of good concepts to be implemented), was completely canned. This was basically the story of nearly all EAOnline division games until EAOnline itself collapsed.

So no, simply not buying their product is not enough at this point. With their resources they not only ruin their own IPs and games, they affect the entire industry.

I agree!

bump

Back