• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Question

kdream3

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
128
Im looking to build a small form factor with the following parts

sempron 64 3100+ socket 754
80 gb seagate 7200.7 ata hd
512 pc3200 ram
cdrw/dvd rom drive
BIOSTAR Socket 754 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Matx mobo/ onboard vid
aspire q pack

So i see the q pack's psu is a 20 pin and the mobo is 24 pin. Do you think I would be able to get away with plugging the 20 pin in or using a 20 to 24 pin adapter considering the modest machine I plan on building.
 
For just a Sempron and on board video, I'd say the 20-pin connector is going to suit you fine.

But in that case, make sure you use those Lite-On drives that aren't really deep and make sure your replacement power supply is 5.5" deep or less.
 
Thanks, but should I just plug the 20 pin into the 24 pin plug on the mobo, or should I get an adapter?
 
Given what you're using and knowing that that particular board works fine w/ just 20-pins, I'd just use the 20-pin.

The adapter's just going to add resistance and drop your voltages, so don't bother. If using the 20-pin gives you stability issues, replace the PSU.
 
kdream3 said:
Thanks alot, all mighty and powerful psu god :p

That's not me. I'm just a guy. And I know a little German. He's sitting right over there....
 
Back
Top