Question

Thrust

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
482
I've seen people run 400 x 9 (3.6Ghz) and I've seen people run 450 x 8 (3.6Ghz)

anyone know exactly how and what makes these settings different? I think I was told the lower multiplier would get it's boost from the NB?? I dunno, but figured there's plenty of people in here that could help me figure out the advantages/disadvantages of both over each other. Thanks
 
450MHz runs the FSB at a higher speed, which can be beneficial to people who want to overclock their RAM because they can run it at 1:1 with the FSB. However, most testing has shown practically no real-world benefit from running higher RAM speeds with Core 2 systems, and running at a higher FSB puts extra strain on the chipset. Generally it's safer to run with a lower FSB and higher multiplier unless it causes stability issues.
 
Back
Top