Question with VoIP or pots

hywdx80

Gawd
I will be working from home and will be making a lot of out bound calls. I have a list of phone numbers on the computer that I would like to copy/paste/drag into some kind of software program that will dial the phone number for me automatically and start calling on a basic hand set phone (no computer mic / speakers).

I make a lot of outbound calls I don't want to pick up the phone and dial by hand. This will save me time, be more productive, and wont have the chance of fat fingering a digit and calling the wrong person.

I currently have T-Mobile at home with a linksys WRTU54G-TM router VoIP and also a POTS line that is included with my ADSL service. What would I need to make either one of these options to do what I request?

Most hard sets require specific hardware to interact with a desktop. I know this is specific to most call systems. I have used a few, but there is no cheap way to do this.

Use a softphone, or skype ( i suggest the softphone.)

If you didn't want to use a softphone because you prefer the basic handset, and don't already have a VoIP provider, check out Vonage, they provide a Windows app that can dial your phone for you, yet you still connect a real hardware phone to an ATA. The software makes your phone ring, you answer it, and then it dials out.

Normally with Hosted voip they have a function after you log into your account on their site. You can add an address book there and it calls your phone then dials. Not sure if thats how vonage does it.

Back