Question to anyone that has an Asus ROG PG278Q

So, my current monitor is a 24 inch Asus VG248QE
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" Gaming Monitor, 144 Hz 1ms (GTG), 3D Monitor, Height & pivot adjustable, 350 cd/m2, Built-in Speakers-Newegg.com

According to the specs on Amazon, it's sizes are:
Without Stand: 569.4 x 340.4 x 57.3mm (for VESA Wall Mount) / 22.4 x 13.4 x 2.6 -inches
With Stand: 569.4 x 499.9x231mm / 22.4 x 19.7 x 9.1 inches

The stand for it can extend quite far up, since the monitor supports portrait mode, and by measuring it myself, I see that when fully extended in landscape mode, it's just shy of 20 inches, so I guess that "19.7" measurement up there is accurate to it's maximum extended size.

However, I can't find similar specs for the 27 inch Asus ROG PG278Q. Every site seemed to have the exact same specs listed, even when I checked sites that for my other monitor had both or more detailed specs than other sites did:
24.40" x 14.29" x 2.60"

Everything says it has a height of 14.29 inches, that really doesn't sound right, since that makes it a fair bit shorter than my 24 inch screen, but what I really want to know, is how tall it can get in landscape mode when fully extended on the stand... that is, if the stand even can move up and down like the VG248QE can.

I need to place a TV on the wall behind it, and I want to plan to make sure when I replace my VG248QE with a PG278Q someday, it won't block the TV, so I need to know what is the maximum height both monitors can reach.

The height of the panel is 14". The stand measures about 17" high and the monitor goes to about 1" below that, so the max height is about 25" full extended. I didn't extend it to measure since I have mine just right, but this should be close give or take an inch.

(Maybe it's a bit less than 25" since the panel attaches more than halfway up, but the panel can go well below the stand height so it shouldn't be a problem.)

Last edited:
I have the monitor, but I replaced the stand.

Looking at the stand by itself, it seems like the monitor can adjust from lowest point to highest point by around 6".

A quick measurement tells me, fully extended, the monitor will reach around 22-23" from table to the top.

Last edited:
I will get measuring tape later on when I get home from work, I have PG278Q

Back