Question: Repartitioning an Acer Aspire Laptop

CreganTur

Gawd
I'm pretty sure this is the right area of the forums to post this question in. If not, let me know.

I've got an Acer Aspire 5000 series laptop- the one with the AMD Turion 64 processor. I got hit by a nasty virus that caused my background to go red- jsut a red background screen. I took it to my neighbor, who works on things like this for a living. He told me that he did everything he could that that I would need to reformat and repartition the HD in order to make sure the virus was gone for good.

I'm going to have to do that anyway because my system is now shot and files are getting corrupted.

I know how to reformat and repartition the drives, I'm just not sure if there are any special circumstances I should be aware of since it's a pre-packaged laptop (i.e. I know that to restory my system to factory defaults I just need to switch something on the BIOS and then hit alt-F10 at startup to get my OS up and running again). So, should I just do the reformat/repartition using the XP Pro cd I have for my desktop PC, or is there something else I should do?

I did e-mail Acer support about this, but they take a long time to respond.

Back