Question regarding X-FI Music

nullzero

Gawd
Joined
Oct 20, 2004
Messages
786
I just bought a X-FI Music from newegg yesterday, its on its way over today. The catch is its a open box (which I dont have a problem with.). However its coming as a OEM and will have no drivers or software with it. I was wondering if I had access to all the bundled software for the X-FI music through creatives download site? I noticed some applications which I downloaded like the creative media center application. Would be a great help if someone could list the bundled software I was looking to do a little music editiing on my sound card.

I have another quick question as well, is it possible to hook up my electric guitar into the sound card using the guitar cable jack connection? I have an amp so I could output though the speaker out on the amp to the sound card just needed to know how I would go about doing so or if it was possible at all.
 
I bought it from newegg.com for $78 as an X-FI Music Open Box (OEM) I believe it was a full version X-FI xtreme music however it is sold as an open box OEM with no drivers or anything.
 
My XtremeMusic is a Dell OEM card and I can't use the CD from a retail X-Fi. The OEM card doesn't support DD/DTS decoding in their driver but you can use a youppax modded driver to enable the feature. Download the X-Fi file, you can burn the file or mount it with a virtual drive but it wouldn't work if your card is an OEM card.
 
Im trying to find the youpax drivers cant find a working link to download them. The youpax site seems tobe down.
 
I found the download its between these two files.

YouP-PAX-Fiv3.33XFiOEM.rar
YouP-PAX-Fiv3.33XFiFix.rar

I think the right one would be the OEM to download? However the XfiFix is a newer file so I was wondering what one I should get.
 
The youppax file is just a driver, not all softwares are there. The OEM file is for OEM cards like Dell, HP and etc, if your card is a retail X-Fi, you don't need to use youppax driver.
 
I just bought a X-FI Music from newegg yesterday, its on its way over today. The catch is its a open box (which I dont have a problem with.). However its coming as a OEM and will have no drivers or software with it. I was wondering if I had access to all the bundled software for the X-FI music through creatives download site? I noticed some applications which I downloaded like the creative media center application. Would be a great help if someone could list the bundled software I was looking to do a little music editiing on my sound card.

I have another quick question as well, is it possible to hook up my electric guitar into the sound card using the guitar cable jack connection? I have an amp so I could output though the speaker out on the amp to the sound card just needed to know how I would go about doing so or if it was possible at all.

Go to Creative labs and Download the Drivers for the Xtreme Music and no you don't need the CD. If you want the other stuff you can download the Creative Media Source package that gives you a choice of either CMS-4 or 5. Note, currently 5 is made for X-Fi and not Audigy 2. Some Audigy 2 users are reporting problems with 5. 5 will ship with X-Fi 2.
 
I should have my sound card in within a few hours. The other question I had was regarding the guitar and hooking it into the sound card.
 
I should have my sound card in within a few hours. The other question I had was regarding the guitar and hooking it into the sound card.

Creation Mode is SWEET for Guitar and hell Bass too, I've used both on mine. Though it isn't an EMU 1212, it gets the job done. I finally ended up getting an I/O Drive, couldn't be happier. Now that Creation Mode Mixer board isn't for the "I want it now" croud but once you get the hang of it, it Rawcs. Your Guitar will be connected to the MIC/Lin-in/SPDIF Flexijack. I've found that active pickup work better with Line-In or MIC with no Boost and Standard Pickups MIC with Boost. Bah, I'm a bass Player:) I got a guitar but I need a lot of Guitar lessons.
 
Creation Mode is SWEET for Guitar and hell Bass too, I've used both on mine. Though it isn't an EMU 1212, it gets the job done. I finally ended up getting an I/O Drive, couldn't be happier. Now that Creation Mode Mixer board isn't for the "I want it now" croud but once you get the hang of it, it Rawcs. Your Guitar will be connected to the MIC/Lin-in/SPDIF Flexijack. I've found that active pickup work better with Line-In or MIC with no Boost and Standard Pickups MIC with Boost. Bah, I'm a bass Player:) I got a guitar but I need a lot of Guitar lessons.

No extra connectors needs just stick it into the jack? I have some rio grande p-90s in a gibson les paul special 2002. Im was planning to go through my amp and then use the speaker out into the sound card. My amp is a pigonese 40watt tube I believe. Should get some bad ass recording sounds if all works well.
 
No extra connectors needs just stick it into the jack? I have some rio grande p-90s in a gibson les paul special 2002. Im was planning to go through my amp and then use the speaker out into the sound card. My amp is a pigonese 40watt tube I believe. Should get some bad ass recording sounds if all works well.

Or the other way around from the Amp to Line-In, you just have to keep the Volume down. A pre-amp with stereo out is about the nicest I've tried. This with a small 16 track mixer and clean settings on the Creative Mixer Board. Though nothing like the stuff those guys, NOT ME, are use to, it did turn some heads.

Last Tube amp I palyed with was something like this one. MosValve Nothing to write home about. I miss the old Kustom Amps from the 70's. Like this one.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Turns out I got a full retail with drivers and everything and even box. Newegg was just saying it was an OEM to cover its but on an open box. So I dont need the modded drivers after all.
 
Back
Top