Question regarding HEAT and a transaction

wjogert

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
3,108
So, I had a deal in process. In less than 24 hours, the seller and I negotiated a price for multiple items, I called his personal phone to confirm authenticity, completed payment online while we were still on the phone, and was promised shipping later today.

I now receive a PM (only an hour later) stating that another individual actually bought the item first and I am receiving a refund. To me, this sounds like someone offered him a higher price for the items that we bartered on.

Should I leave HEAT depicting this? Or just walk away and curse to myself?
 
Deals just fall apart sometimes. Take your refund and move along.
 
just walk away and make a do not trade list. (for your records)
++

If you really paid while he was on the phone with you, its kind of hard to imagine what happened. However, its happened to me before that multiple people offer to buy something ASAP, and then nothing happens for a while. All of a sudden, 2-3 people send me payment.

A PM / refund a hour later is actually pretty good, and at that point I dont think I would add him to my "do not trade" list.

Fast communication and fast refund would actually be appreciated by me with no hard feelings.
 
i would agree as well, always follow rules first come first serve rather than who paid higher, if you want to do that, you already have option (ebay) seller should have just sent it out to you.
 
i've been on the other end of this, where someone offers much more for an item than i sold it for minutes/hours ago, if i have money in hand and someone makes an offer that's more, i always tell them it's already sold. sucks that the seller did this to you, but at least you got your money back and only wasted a little bit of time.
 
I think the HeatWare rules say that you can leave feedback only when money changes hands. Money DID change hands in this case, then the seller backed out. I think it is OK to leave Heat.

Now, would I leave Heat for someone and mess up their record for a fairly minor incident like this? IDK, probably not.
 
Just walk away. You and the seller were both returned to your original position before the transaction discussion began, so the transaction was negated with neither person gaining or losing anything. The seller's intent may have been to sell to you and someone he gave up on earlier sent payment and he felt obligated to sell to the first buyer.
 
Back
Top