Question: Opteron, Overclock and Cool'n'Quiet

eNe

n00b
Joined
Nov 23, 2005
Messages
11
I'll soon build a new system with a dual core opteron 165 or 170,
and i've some questions...

I've read that opteron cpus don't have the cool'n'quiet technology but they have PowerNow!.

If a mobo is CnQ capable also PowerNow will be supported?

I was thinking on using a A8N32-SLI board, i've seen that it supports opteron cpus but i've found nothing about powernow.
and also, if i'll overclock my cpu i'll be able to activate CnQ, or PowerNow?

:D
 
using cool 'n quiet is not recommended if your overclocking
im not sure about the powernow! though.
 
eNe said:
I'll soon build a new system with a dual core opteron 165 or 170,
and i've some questions...

I've read that opteron cpus don't have the cool'n'quiet technology but they have PowerNow!.

If a mobo is CnQ capable also PowerNow will be supported?

I was thinking on using a A8N32-SLI board, i've seen that it supports opteron cpus but i've found nothing about powernow.
and also, if i'll overclock my cpu i'll be able to activate CnQ, or PowerNow?

:D

Opteron 200 series processors have Cool 'N Quiet and PowerNow! support. I don't see why the Socket 939 based Opterons wouldn't. Especially since they are much closer to X2's than 200 series Opterons are.
 
Back
Top