• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question on XP64

If you mean a program, that's an ify thing. No Norton products work...they will make you buy their corporate 10.0 thing....luckly I get Mcafee for free and they released a patch for Mcafee 8.0 and it works fine (excpet I can't right-click on something and have the option to scan on the menu...I have to add a task and make it scan an area every time).

However, all 32-bit games work fine that I tried, and there is no difference to how they run in 32 bit windows. :)

As for drivers, most likely none work on x64 pro that worked on Win XP (32-bit). Also, if you have a Lexmark printer, wait to buy Win x64 Pro, Lexmark have virtually no support, and stated they will NOT be supporting most of their printers (go lexmark, way to go out of business...)
 
swimasta said:
If you mean a program, that's an ify thing. No Norton products work...they will make you buy their corporate 10.0 thing....luckly I get Mcafee for free and they released a patch for Mcafee 8.0 and it works fine (excpet I can't right-click on something and have the option to scan on the menu...I have to add a task and make it scan an area every time).

However, all 32-bit games work fine that I tried, and there is no difference to how they run in 32 bit windows. :)

As for drivers, most likely none work on x64 pro that worked on Win XP (32-bit). Also, if you have a Lexmark printer, wait to buy Win x64 Pro, Lexmark have virtually no support, and stated they will NOT be supporting most of their printers (go lexmark, way to go out of business...)

Thanks for the reply.
What I meant was in regards to networking, does the 64 bit version see the 32 bit just as easily as a 32 to 32 bit does?
 
jordan12 said:
Thanks for the reply.
What I meant was in regards to networking, does the 64 bit version see the 32 bit just as easily as a 32 to 32 bit does?

Yes, but I have heard of problems with 32bit XP units reading drives on Windows XP x64 Edition machines. I'll try it out later. I just installed Windows XP X64 Edition on my dual Opteron.
 
Back
Top