Question on the power consumption

Silent Knight

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't really know where to put this thread so forgive me if i put it in the wrong section.

So my question is pretty simple.Considering my rig draws about 270-300W from the PSU,does that mean it continuously draws 300W every second or every hour?I'm confused with the number as i need to calculate the power cost,therefore calculate the ratio between the income and the cost.

Thanks in advance.

it uses 300 Watt-seconds every second, and 300 watt-hours, every hour, if that makes sense???

Watt is not a unit of energy, but a unit of power, its already inclusive of the time aspect
it draws 300 Joules of energy per second.

it gets confusing, when you ask for how much energy was used in a certain time frame, because technically the units of time cancel each other out, but thats not typically how its written.

electricity cost is generally asked for in Killowatt-hours. which means, for every hour your a 300W device is on, you will be charged 0.3 kwh

Last edited:
I knew the part which electricity cost is based on the amount of kWh,i just don't know how to calculate the total cost in a certain time.

Thanks for the info then.

Back