Question on the HD6950 DirectCU II

Silent Knight

[H]ard|Gawd
I got the DCII 1GB and unlocked it to the 6970 successfully.

So what is the safe temperature and voltage for the unlocked 6950,giving that i had +20% Powertune?

Also is there any software that can control the voltage on this card?Because i tried MSI Afterburner (enable unofficial OC mode),Asus GPU Tweak and Sapphire Trixx,none of them could alter the voltage setting.

Currently i'm running @930/1050.
5tca0.jpg

Thanks in advance.

A friend of mine unlocked it for me by flashing the BIOS.He only unlocked the shaders (maybe using RBE with a BIOS from techpowerup) and left the clock on default of the 6950.

Interesting I wasn't sure that it could be unlocked somewhat safely since its a none reference card.

It all depends on if each card's shaders are lasered or not. You run the risk of bricking it if they're not. It's quite a risk to flip the coin, but you lucked out on it :)

Either way, some cards' voltage regulators are not detected by OC software (or aren't meant to be).

What I've done is just up the voltage via the BIOS with RBE in that case

That's not a 6970 bios as per your post, hope some fool doesnt try to flash a 6970 bios on their 1GB direct cu ii card.

Tried Smart Doctor 5.8,this one sucked hard.Also still no luck on alter the voltage.I guess i'd just stop at 930MHz.

Also my screen has some kind of waves,is that a sign of unstable card?Or mainly bad cable?

Back