Question on Team Fortress 2 graphics - help!

Seik

n00b
When I play team fortress 2 on my desktop, there are two things that are obviously unimpressive past the lack of HDR:

1) The models mouths don't move when they talk
2) When a medic activates ubercharge, I don't get shiny - I just turn red or blue.

I play with my roommates, and theirs don't exhibit this issue. Are the problems I'm experiencing related to the age of my graphics card? Will installing a new directx software or a different set of drivers fix it? My card doesn't support HDR, but my rig (see below) runs the games on the highest graphics settings at 1280x1024. Honestly, my guess is that these effects require HDR to function.

The weird thing is that my laptop, with an ATI Radeon Mobility 9700, gets both the shiny ubercharge AND the mouth-moving-while-talking animations.

Although it's not necessary to enjoy the game, I greatly appreciate help from anyone who has insight into what might be causing these deficiencies.

your graphic card is not doing the DX9 effects

FX series were dx8 while 9700 series were DX9

your graphic card is not doing the DX9 effects

FX series were dx8 while 9700 series were DX9

Actually the FX series was DX9, it was just so unbelieveably shite at it the source engine forces a dx8 render path.

Back