• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

question on running cables in P180

Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
8
I just ordered a P180 and a eVGA 650i Ultra board. the 24 pin connector should be simple enough to run cleanly up the side, however the 8 pin connector is located right at the top of the board. The 8 pin is in the left upper corner of the board and I was wondering what other owners of the P180 with mother boards with similar connection placement have done to run their PSU cables cleanly. The PSU I'm using is the Corsair hx520 if that makes any difference as I don't know how long its cables are.
 
The 8-pin connector is long enough on my HX620W. If you get the "new" P180, the one with the raised motherboard tray, you can pull the cable behind it, it should be long enough.

Oh yea, the P5B Deluxe also has the 8-pin connector at the top of the board.
 
Put my new system together last night with an EVGA 680i, "new" P180B and HX620W. With the 8-pin cord running behind the mobo tray, it was bit of a stretch but it reached. With the "old" P180, i'm guessing it might be difficult cos the graphics card would get in the way... I'll have to take a look when I get home.
 
I cut a hole in the mobo tray for my 8 pin... and I notched the devider to fit the wires behind it.
 
I ordered it through newegg, and the pictures they have show it without a raised mobo tray. the one I see with that feature is the P182. now did they also put that on the P180b, or is it just getting confused with the P182?

well if I have to, I'll cut in some slots to draw the power cords behind then tray.
 
Back
Top