• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Question on power needs

mrmylanman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
1,484
I am looking at upgrading the PSU on my desktop for better folding, and here's the specs on what it will be:

1 Core i7 920 (at stock clock speed)
ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution
1 nVidia GTX260
2 nVidia 8800 Ultras
3 2GB DIMMs of DDR2-1600 (running at DDR2-1066 right now)
2 hard drives (1 640GB Caviar Blue 1 1TB Green)

That's it in my desktop, right now I have a Silverstone Strider 750W power supply, but I am not sure if that'll be enough to power the two extra video cards that will be going into my rig (which are the two 8800 Ultras). There is no overclocking going on.

Thanks for any help.
 
I appreciate the suggestion. I guess I will have to see how this goes. I have access to a kill-a-watt from work so I'll take that home whenever I get my cards and see how that goes. I am also now wondering if I even have enough PCI-E 6 pin cables, since that will be four more. I suppose I can see what I can do about rigging it up otherwise.
 
Back
Top