Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
What is the max multiplier you can use on an athlon mobile? Trying to run at 166*14 I immediately get errors in prime95. Is this because my motherboard does not like multis over 13? The motherboard is the shuttle AN35N ultra. Thanks.
i think the max multi is the one it comes with....only the FX series has multis that are unlocked fully...the other a64's are able to go down in multis...btw, why not just run higher fsb and a lower multi?
I should have specified....I'm using an athlon 2500xp-m. Running the FSB out of sync on these gives you a performance hit. I'm using pc2700 ram so i'm stuck at 166 fsb.
i don't remember what the highest multi is with the mobile xp, but I seem to remember it being 13 was the magic high number and most of the .5 multis were sketchy as well as the 11. so try that and see how it works out. if your motherboard lists a higher whole number multiplier, then try it, your mobo will only list multipliers that are theoretically useable. but using high multipliers is basically easy and free performance because it only speeds up your processor and not the whole system like the front side bus, crank those whole numbers up and enjoy! and remember, if you try one that isn't the highest possible multiplier and it doesn't work so well, that doesn't mean you can't go higher, some of the mulipliers are sketchy for some reason, as i said, i think it was 11 and any .5. good luck! I love my old athlon xp, i have a thorougbred core whose multipliers were also unlocked