• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question on MSI GTX 980

mnphokus

n00b
Joined
May 23, 2016
Messages
5
I bought a MSI GTX 980 TI Gaming LE the other day and I noticed the fans don't run when I'm just browsing the net. But do come on when I play but it's super quiet.

This is vastly different from an MSI 580 GTX I had so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be this way or not.
 
Pretty much every non-reference card you can buy nowadays comes with a feature to leave the fans off until the core hits ~65c.

TL;DR

yes it's a feature
 
Back
Top