Question on china's firewall

if theyre tunneled to somewhere outside of the jurisdiction of that firewall yes, but you have to understand that their government could just make encryption illegal if they wanted to. Then you would have no normal recourse and you would have to start getting out of the box.

Well I have visited china...and to be honest the average person doesn't necessilary feel a super strong need to try and see if they can get by the system from what I gathered. I mean when you think about it the risk just isn't worth it for your average person. Heck I bet you could circumvent it with some knowledge of proxies and tunneling if you had an outside source. Your theory is interesting though, you should go over and try it :D just don't get caught lol

Heh. Ya I know they could just outlaw encyption but that really doesn't answer the question :p
Anyway the whole firewall thing just seems like far too big a job to actually do. I mean you would have to block SO much it just seems unreal... esspecially if someone can simply tunnel out.

From what I have read, people do tunnel out to bypass filtering. It's not just one of those things you run around and tell everyone you are doing...

Back