[Question] My Setup Devil 13 290x2 and Case Cooling.

ITAngel

n00b
The temperature are doing okay but I still want to optimize the system better to make sure that my Devil 13 290X2 can keep the hot air it produces out and a lot of cooler air in.

LL

Which of these 3 setups is worth setting up that will allow a lot of fresh air into the system forcing that hot air out quicker?

Setup 1
2x 120mm - Top Instake
2x 140mm - Front Instake
1x 140mm - Rear Exhaust

Setup 2
2x 140mm - Top Instake
2x 140mm - Front Intake
1x 140mm - Rear Exhaust

Setup 3
2x 140mm - Top instake
3x 120mm - Front Instake
1x 140mm - Rear Exhaust

I usually blow the hot air out the top and back..with the front and or bottom being intake

setup 4
2x 140mm -Top Exhaust
2x 120mm -Front Intake
1x 140mm -Rear Exhaust

:)

I usually blow the hot air out the top and back..with the front and or bottom being intake

setup 4
2x 140mm -Top Exhaust
2x 120mm -Front Intake
1x 140mm -Rear Exhaust

:)

I forgot to mention I have Noctual NH-D15 cooler i may be able to use the 140mm fans from that cooler in the case in replacement of the 120mm? or I can run 3 120mm on that case but using the setup you mention.

Last edited:
I saw this post on OCN. My suggestion is to lower the voltage on that GPU by a ton. My Devil 13 had a 1.3v stock volts on each GPU. That's why your temps are crazy.

To maximize airflow through the entire case my recommendation would be 3 X 120mm front intake and one 140mm rear exhaust and one 140mm top exhaust in the farthest back space. That will give you a slight overpressure and insure that you get the best flow through the entire case. Just because there's a space for a fan does not mean you have to or should use it.

If those harddrives below were some low RPM 140mm fans it would make a tremendous difference too. Those harddrives are generating heat and rising to the card.

I'd experiment with temporarily removing the HDDs and running them outside and putting a fan or two on the bottom as intake.

Always exhaust top, period.

Pull in front and bottom, exhaust rear and top. Heat rises obviously, why fight that notion.

2x 140mm -Top Exhaust
3x 120mm -Front Intake
1x 140mm -Rear Exhaust

Would most likely be the best solution it should also help to have less dust inside. (Assuming the front has a some sort of filter and top/rear don't)

nice looking setup there btw....Can you post a better picture? Im trying to figure out what case that is:)

Back