• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question for VP191b or VP171b users.

Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
17
Hi there!

Im about to buy an LCD display, and I still don´t know if its going to be a VP191b or the 17" version (vp171).

I´ve been searching about this monitors in the forum, but I was wonder if any user of this monitors can give me their opinion and if they have, some picture with a normal win XP desktop on this displays.
I always see pictures of movies or games, but I would mainly use it for office aplications and I still don´t know how big is 1280x1024 and how Win Xp would look at that resolution.

Well, as you can see, english is not my language, so I apologize if any of the sentences doesn´t make any sence! I´ll try to do my best :)

Tnx a lot!
 
I have a VP191b. No picture, sorry. I use WinXP, though, and everything is damn sharp.

Word to the wise, though: the first VP0191 I bought had a dead pixel (black) smack-dab in the center of the screen. Luckily, I had the foresight to buy it from a place that guaranteed zero fully dead pixels, so I returned it and got a new one, which is perfect.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with it.
 
I have a 171b but im at work now so i cant post a picture. Ill post one later.
Its a great monitor in my opinion. I have had it for over a year now. I have one small green subpixel dead in the bottom left corner, but i dont even notice it anymore.
There is no ghosting in games or when watching DVDs and the colors are just beautiful.
I am curently building a new computer, and the new monitor will definitely be a vp191b.
 
Tnx!

I read two things and I would like to know if im wrong or not:

1 - 17 or 19" its the same amount of info on the screen, I mean, the two of them are 1280x1024 with the difference that the 19" has bigger pixels...

2 - The 17" (vp171) Isn´t the same panel as the 19". The 19" version is better...

Here in Argentina the vp171 (the last ones..) cost lets say..530 dollars and the vp191 cost 650 dollars. Its quite a difference. Thats why im trying to find out which one should I buy :rolleyes:

I´ll wait your comment and of course your picture!. Thanks again.
 
THis is a screenshot of my desktop. The picture is taken by me, so its not the greatest around.



This is a picture of the monitor showing the desktop, just to get an idea of the color quality and such.

 
Tnx andypnb.

The pictures are helpful!. Let me ask u something. Why do you want now a 19" version?

I guess im going to save some money and get the 19" version of it.
 
marinotomas said:
Tnx andypnb.

The pictures are helpful!. Let me ask u something. Why do you want now a 19" version?

I guess im going to save some money and get the 19" version of it.

If nothing else, simply because the screen area will be larger. Also, at least here, the price difference is small so its worth getting the bigger one. You might also want to look for the vx724 and the vx924 from Viewsonic, the prices are lower than the vps and the quality is similar.
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/
And as you can see the vp930b has replaced the vp191b, but i dont know much about it.
 
Just note that the vx924 has a 6-bit panel so it will not have as accurate colors.
 
Back
Top