Question for TT Tech

Dave,

In this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1103630

He said:

Tt Tech said:
....So now we have the Toughpower 650w to 750w series, launched all at the same time. The internals of these power supplies are essentially the same, with only bottleneck components differences to limit the +12V output.

Which is what I thought in the first place, but wanted to be sure. The Toughpower's all do seem to be based on the same CWT platform.

Tt Tech said:
/me climbs out of the trashcan...

Ok, I'll let you guys in on a little bit of insider information...

What happened with Thermaltake is that we realized that the market opinion of our power supplies were not the best approximately a year ago and actually wanted to do something about it.
Improve the Purepower series? Yes, that's when we came out with the TWV500W W0057, and people liked it.
We had to decide where to go from here on, we then decided to come out with a whole lineup of power supplies that were basically NO COMPROMISES. We wanted the best of everything, best components, best designs, best everything that Thermaltake can do, we wanted a lineup that would bring up the Thermaltake image in the power supply sector.

So we came out with the Toughpower 550W W0097. Great power supply, no compromises, expensive for a 550W power supply.

The market response was very positive, so we decided to move forward with the "best we can make" power supply series without budget constraints.

So now we have the Toughpower 650w to 750w series, launched all at the same time. The internals of these power supplies are essentially the same, with only bottleneck components differences to limit the +12V output.

So far so good, the Toughpower series are a hit without any cost-downs or problems. What will happen next? I don't know (honestly), the factory could start costing down the next generation, or we can keep up the good work, it's not within my control.

As far as chassis go, in my PERSONAL and BIASED opinion, they're decent. Some have designs that I consider flawed, some are great! (Armor series) But the build quality is very consistent.

Coolers? We make the best coolers in my PERSONAL and BIASED opinion, and that's not far off from the truth.

/me crawls back into the trashcan...
Thank you,
Dave ;)

Back