Question for the display gods

p3sty

2[H]4U
Using a 1080ti with a lesser large format 34 or bigger freesync monitor for gaming what's the lowest fps would you get 1440p also and is it worth it?

I'm guessing nobody can answer any of that string of 3 questions without more details:

1) When you say large format 34 display are we talking 1080p? 1440? 4K? Because there's all three options available.
2) You can only decide if 1440p is worth it to you, for your use case. Gaming? Productivity?
3) Lowest FPS depends entirely on what you're playing. If you're playingsa, say, AC Origins, you'll get like 90fps. If you play Half Life 2, you'll get, like a bazillion fps and your screen might explode.

Bottom line - you need to be more specific.

I did say gaming 1440p in original post I just wanna know If I save on freesync monitor or stay with gysnc

No, do not save by going FreeSync. Do it properly and get a G-Sync monitor, or you won't see the full benefits of your 1080 Ti, and you won't get VRR. Unless you can keep MINIMUM framerates at the maximum refresh rate, you are going to see stutter. At 1440p and 144Hz, this won't be possible in demanding games.

Back