• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question for gamers with good cans

FurBurglar

Gawd
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
513
I recently picked up a pair of HD-497s for a sweet price as my entry into decent headphones. They sound great and I want to use them with all of my games but some of those require a headset so that I can talk. What do you guys do for a microphone to go with your cans, or do you just use a headset. If you ise a seperate headset, what are you using? I don't want to give up the good sound I have now but I need to be able to talk. TIA for the help!
 
I use a lapel mic with my HD650s. It was on sale at staples for like $2 a while back.
 
I was wondering about using one of those. Can others hear you clearly, and does it pickup background noise?
 
Others can hear me just fine through teamspeak, and yes, it does pickup a little background noise. Not enough to drown out your voice, but I can hear my 150mm case fan through it.. You really cant beat it for the price.
 
It's a little ghetto, but I used some scotch tape and taped my mic to the front of my monitor. Before this, I used to put it on my shirt, but I found that when I moved around, the mic would pick up static/movement. Taping it to the monitor eliminated that, and people can still hear me loud and clear.
 
most people put the mic way too close to the face anyways, and the speech becomes muddled/breath-y... I put mine on my monitor.
 
saturnine2 said:
I use a lapel mic with my HD650s. It was on sale at staples for like $2 a while back.

Lmao...that's statement just sounds funny. Let me try..

I use a Zalman mic with my HD580's.

Hmmm...nope still sounds funny...one more time?

ImageFromDB.jpg


:cool: :cool: :cool:
 
I use an $8 desktop mic I got at staples. Sounds great. I have it on my desk right beside my monitor and it sticks out in front a bit. It's never in my way and picks up my voice very well. Sometimes it picks up "background noise" but that's a non-issue, it's not overly distracting and they can't hear "everything".

I've been using desktop Mics for years for Teamspeak and even some VOIP stuff and I honestly see no reason to spend the big bucks on these headsets with mics. I'd rather have the freedom to listen to my HD570s or whatever headphones I want. :);)
 
Thanks for all the help guys. I think I will try the desktop mic route. I think I might even have one hanging around in a box somewhere.
 
hacktor2 said:
i use my sony MDR-V700DJ and for my mic i use a somewhat chepa logitech headsite that i wrap around my neck.

Folks are always bitchin' about that phone. I've never heard it, but I'm curious... What other headphones have you used?
 
Back
Top