Question for G500 owners

Hecktec

Limp Gawd
I wanted to get the Logitech G500 mouse but I heard somewhere that the mouse produces some kind of a buzzing noise.

Can anyone confirm this? If true I'd rather get something else since hearing such a noise would probably drive me crazy. :D

I have the G500 and have never heard of anything about a buzzing noise, or hear one coming from mine.

HOLY CRAP! i just put my G9x to my ear and I hear the buzzing. Never noticed it on the table. I don't have an issue with it. Should I tell Logitech?

HOLY CRAP! i just put my G9x to my ear and I hear the buzzing. Never noticed it on the table. I don't have an issue with it. Should I tell Logitech?

Hm just did the same thing and I can hear a whine when I put it next to my ear. Now I can't stop hearing it even when I'm in the bathroom poopin'! AHH!!

I never noticed it until I read this thread...I can totally hear it now. It is very, very faint though-definitely not a deal breaker.

to be fair, the whine is so high pitched and quiet, I cant hear it over my laptop fan or quiet background music
I can only hear the buzz if I've got my ear to my mouse, even my hddrive when its turning on is more audible.

Wow, I have never ever noticed that before. Just put my ear up to my G500 and I can totally hear a buzzing/squealing coming from it. To be honest though there is no way I can hear it unless I put my ear up next to it. I guess my system's noise sort of drowns it out.

For the record I have pretty sensitive hearing too. I can hear the ultra high frequency noise that comes from a CRT tv. I can hear it so much so that it nearly gives me a headache when I'm around one.

Maybe not all G500's are the same with regard to the loudness of the noise, but from arm's length I can't hear it on my mouse or my friend's either.

Thanks for the replies so far. I'll just order the G500 despite confirmation of the aforementioned issue, as it seems to be a minor issue for most people anyway.

No buzzing or noise here, my friend on the otherhand hears a bit on his, but it's so quiet you really need to close to hear it.

Woah. Thats crazy. never noticed it but mine does it as well. I didn't believe it until I tried it.

Then again I didn't believe that pressing Fn+Esc on my Asus G73JH would cause it to hard lock either but then I tried it...

just got mine today and yes it does have a whine sound. pretty lame.

cheap quality but atleast it didnt come with a broken laser like my ikari.

Is the buzzing/whining sound noticeable in a quiet room, say when browsing?

shouldnt be unless youve got a very quiet computer and is very sensitive.

i dont recommand this mouse (not because of this problem) mainly cuz its not comfy and isnt really good quality. i dont like what they did with the wheel either. kinda bad for a mouse that sells for 70dollars. the weights are totally unnecessary imo as it is already heavier than most mice by default lol

Mine has a slight high pitched whine that fluctuates in pitch. I can only hear it when the room is dead silent and I hold the bottom of the mouse right next to my ear. In normal use with it flat on my desk right next to me, I can not hear it at all.

TBH, you need to be younger with more sensitive hearing to be able to pick out that sound in a normal room.

I hear it on mines too, but not during normal use. It can be completely silent in my room and I can't hear it. Heh, after hearing it I can't get it out of my head.

I still love the mouse though.

wow. Mine has the same noise! I never noticed. Then again, I've never held the mouse to my ear before.

Wow! My MX510 has it too! I've been using this mouse for... i dunno, 6 or 7 years? And I've never noticed it before. That's wild!

after using it with my new computer, im going to return the mouse. i cannot stand the constant noise. i read on the logitech forums that some dont make as much noise as others.

wouldnt recommend this mouse to anyone. another 2 weeks without a proper working mouse awesome.

I can only hear the whine when I have the mouse right next to my ear. And I mean right next to my ear...if it is only and inch away from my ear I cannot hear it.

hopefully my return is quiet, such bad luck with mice, 2 broken ikaris, and now this mice that makes annoying high pitched noise that i can hear with my loud 5870 in the background.

Update: I've been using the G500 for a few days now, and thankfully I can only hear the noise when it's close to my ear. At arm's length it's inaudible.

So yeah, it's a great mouse overall, apart from the wobbly scroll wheel.

Great now after reading this it's going to shit me. Thanks.
The wheel on the mouse doesn't spin as freely as it use to.

Back