Question for Best Buy employee's

2wiced

2[H]4U
What is your discount on the 4850? i am very curious to see. I might pick up a partime job there. Can one of you check and report back?

thanks

wow, applying for and getting a job at BB just for the 4850 discount...that's dedication.

if its the same as the discounts available in canada, then its not really worth it. the discount on video cards and other major computer parts are not that much. very often, the sale prices were better than the discounts. that being said though, you pay cost+10%. it was usually worth it for accessories and home audio.

i have a friend who works at bestbuy... ill just have him buy it, but he hasnt checked the price for me

Hopefully they have a brand with a mailin rebate running currently.
No doubt they're back up to the $199 sticker prices. If they only carry VisionTek brand then you don't have any mailin rebate at all.

You could have snatched the ASUS 4850 from NewEgg for $149.99 shipped last week!

i know i could have, i was very sure i was gonna get the 4870...but i am slowly being pushed away from it. I cant get myself to spend 300 bucks. lol. Dont know why. I have 250 i can spend, but thats because i sold my friend a GTX and built someone else a computer. I dont feel like putting 50 bucks in to get it. Instead i wanna get one for 150 -170. which ican off newegg. I want the 4870 but cannot get myself to pull the trigger.

i hope rivatuner comes out soon so we can see oc's.

I am very interested and pencil vmodding the card. lol.

if its the same as the discounts available in canada, then its not really worth it. the discount on video cards and other major computer parts are not that much. very often, the sale prices were better than the discounts. that being said though, you pay cost+10%. it was usually worth it for accessories and home audio.

It's Cost+5%.

so whats teh cost of the 4850? you guys think it is like 150? if it is ill buy 2 and upgrade my mobo lol

I'm curious. Can anyone provide some example of items and their "at cost" value? I keep encouraging people I know to get jobs at BB. Haha.

my friend checked the price for the 4850, it is $ 178.45

nothing to be impressed about.

newegg is cheaper with rebates and combo deals

Don't you usually have to work at a place for something like 3 months before you get the employee discount?

Back