Question for 5960X Owners

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Neapolitan6th, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Neapolitan6th

Neapolitan6th Gawd

Hi all,

What scores are ya'll getting in the Cinebench R15 Single Threaded test on your overclocked 5960X CPUs? (Particularly somewhere between 4.3ghz and 4.6ghz+)

I'm curious how they compare to my 6800k which doesn't clock well past 4.1ghz. Also, I am curious how they line up against Ryzen.

Most of the old 5960X reviews run Cinebench 11.5 which makes it hard to gauge performance vs. newer CPUs.

If anyone is running a 5960X overclocked, I would be most appreciative if you could share your single threaded scores along with what clock you are running at.

I may look to upgrade to a 5960x sometime in the next couple of years if its single threaded performance can still edge out what Ryzen offers.

I realize wisdom would suggest switching over to Ryzen, but I'm particularly attached to my X99 ITX board.

Many thanks!

Psi* likes this.
  2. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

Using the Cinebench R15 ranking page for single thread & simple math based on the results available....

At 4.4Ghz for example, you should expect a single thread score of about 130-132.

(basically take the Ghz rating you want. Ie: 4.4 - and multiply it by 24.75, and you get your number)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Psi* and Neapolitan6th like this.