question, can i locate my install date of xp pro?

dwilson041781

[H]ard|Gawd
Im gonna do a format here tonight or tomorrow and was curious how long I have had current installation.

One thing I always do is add the install date to the oeminfo.ini file in \Windows\System32 so I can tell this myself (also use the oemlogo.bmp for the pic)

I think I had read about one other way :> open Task Manager, go to Help and then About and the line "Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 : Service Pack 2)" indicated the install was March 1st 2005 (which I think is about right for my install)

maybe view hidden files, and check the create date of the boot.ini will give a general idea.

or if you have mIRC you can install the SystemInfo script by phucknut, it tells you when your OS was installed.

the task manager way gave me same date as yours, ruled that out, after finding boot.ini and feb 06 sounds more like it, im surprised i went that long without format, :p .

again thanx.

Open a command prompt and type systeminfo, 10th line down shows the date you installed. Only works on XP and 2003 IIRC.

tdg said:
Open a command prompt and type systeminfo, 10th line down shows the date you installed. Only works on XP and 2003 IIRC.

Bummer! That feature isn't on XP Home.

There is an excellent freeware program called WinAudit, that will tell you everything like that - total uptime, install date, number of failed boots etc. Highly recommended. If you can't find it, pm me and i'll email it to you (its very small, but gives a whallup of info).

edit: i'm a niceguy , here ya go http://www.pxserver.com/WinAudit.htm

another edit - its the 3rd category on the tree called "Operating System"

wont the date created on your windows folder tell you?

mine says march 05 and i think thats right.

Back