Question: BEST LCD for pc gaming and PS3

Quality

Limp Gawd
Price aside and size aside, I need a monitor for my new PC build and I also want to connect my PS3 to it, I am ordering a 8800ultra for the PC so size shouldn't matter as that card should be able to handle it.

I looked at the BenQ as it was my first choice, but after reading the threads here for it I thought it be best to post this thread asking for help. All I want is a 22" and up lcd monitor for gaming and my PS3.

I`m in the same situation and just cancelled an order for the BenQ 24" WZ because of them not working properly over 1080p on the 360. I`m now going to wait for a bit longer and see if anything new comes onto the market which doesnt have all the problems the current 24" HD Monitors seem to have.

I here ya, I am waiting till the July 22ish price drop of the Q6600 anyway so I figured I would see what everyone though before hand. I have been waiting on this build a long time and it seems as though I might be held up do to a friggen display *sigh*

hi all,

i'm in the UK and want a 24" for pc, watch tv and play games. I liked the sound of the BENQ,but looks like it doesn't map 1:1.

the other choices are LG 246, NEC ???, dell 2407?

Is there a samsung coming out too 245T???

i'm looking for best PQ and least amount of ghosting

thanks to all
Dave

The new Samsung is a budget TN panel, which I think is a loser because even with its low introduction price, it's now competing with LG's and BenQ's lowered MSRP.

Have a look at the Dell 2707. I have my PS3 hooked up to it and its awesome to say the least

Has no one tried the LG L226WA yet? I'm thinking about getting it when I build my new PC and if I want to hook up a satellite receiver or Xbox 360 Elite/PS3.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10084266&catid=25074

Analog vs Digital.......................Analog, Digital (HDCP), HDMI
Built in TV Tuner.......................No
Brightness...............................300cd/m2
Contrast Ratio .........................3000:1
Maximum Resolution................1680 x 1050
Other ......................................PC Audio Out, Component (Video Only)
Product Dimensions.................50.17(W) x 42.35(H) x 23.39(D) cm
Product Weight .......................5.65 kg
Response Time .......................2ms
Screen Size ............................22"
Speakers Included....................No

Let me know what you guys think of this monitor(for the people who have used it).

Futureshop or BB should have that on display. You might want to check it out for yourself. ;)

Contrast Ratio .........................3000:1

Don't fall for the marketing. This monitor has no better contrast than any other 1000:1. 3000:1 is dynamic contrast, meaning it has a backlight that tries to adjust its intensity on the fly. In real world usage, you will either be annoyed by sudden changes in backlight intensity or, in an ideal situation (like playing a game where you are only in dark areas all the time), you will gain like an additional 500:1 contrast, if that.

3000:1 is measured on a solid black screen.

Back