Question About Xigmatek

They come with rubber posts for which you can mount the fan onto the heatsink. It is not preattached but it is easy to put them on. OCZ vendetta 2 comes this way too.

I recommend putting the posts starting from the 3 fin from the top on the heatsink.
 
you attach the fan yourself with some rubber mounts they supply in the box.

also for an easier time with the rubber, soak the mounts in some water and dish detergent before you install. that softens them up a bit more.
 
I had no problem mounting mine... it's really a cool concept/good mounting system... I liked it a lot

Just put one side on, then pull and stretch it over to the other side (kinda like saran-wrap) line up the rubber mounts then push them in. Walla :D
 
I just ordered the RS1283 and in researching them I found that some people said attaching the fan was easy and some said it was a bitch so its probably somewhere in between. It's just some rubber that fits into the fins so it shouldn't be that hard.
 
Mount one side, then pull the fan in the opposite direction (So the rubber is pulled into the heatsink deeper)

I think I did a meh job of applying thermal grease last time so next time I pull it off, I may do a quick video to show people the easiest method of mounting...
 
I just ordered the RS1283 and in researching them I found that some people said attaching the fan was easy and some said it was a bitch so its probably somewhere in between. It's just some rubber that fits into the fins so it shouldn't be that hard.

I can not imagine anyone having a real problem with it. that would be like saying its hard to get keys into the ignition to start a car.
 
I can not imagine anyone having a real problem with it. that would be like saying its hard to get keys into the ignition to start a car.

It is when your really drunk and thats a good thing so you dont drive away... :p They should have made a mini game out of this on GTA4. You can pick locks in other games... lol
 
I bent some of the fins. Maybe like 1/2 an inch in on like the top 3 and/or bottom 3 fins.

I thought it was hard to install just because I didn't have a lot of room to work with. I still get great temps.

18c idle, 40c load with an e2180 @ 3.1ghz (1.44v in bios).
 
Back
Top