• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

QUESTION about X-fi

Hmm interesting. All it looks like is a low profile X-FI Extreme Music card. This will definetely intrigue the HTPC people.
 
I'm probably going to get it then. The best asset is probably burning mp3s up to CD quality sound. I can't justify paying for the fatality just for xram and a remote/faceplate.
 
Not really. I highly doubt it has hardware EAX capabilities. If you plan on gaming I'd get the X-Music.
 
"Enjoy the ultimate PC movie experience
Download Cyberlink PowerDVD software with DTS and Dolby Digital -EX decoding for free and get an unbeatable DVD movie watching experience"

EX and EAX the same?
 
It has some of the stuff missing from that cards compared the the extreme music and up, i wouldnt get one, settle for the extreme music version.

its also half the size, so there has definetly gotta be something missing from it compared to the extreme and above.

best to give them a miss and go for the extreme music.

Looking at the specs, i dont think that card supports EAX, it supports EX which isnt EAX.
but since EAX is onyl good for gaming, then I spose this card would be ok for a HTPC.
 
Holy crap. An X-Fi that doesn't support EAX. I never thought I'd see such a thing.

cjm18 said:
"Enjoy the ultimate PC movie experience
Download Cyberlink PowerDVD software with DTS and Dolby Digital -EX decoding for free and get an unbeatable DVD movie watching experience"

EX and EAX the same?
No. Dolby Digital-EX is similar to regular Dolby Digital, but with support for 6.1 and 7.1 channels.
 
They did this with the Audigy 2 SE, which was more like a Live! 24bit if I remember right.
 
MetalX said:
Not really. I highly doubt it has hardware EAX capabilities. If you plan on gaming I'd get the X-Music.


I agree
 
In other words, its a shit card and should be named fatality.

Avoid it at all costs...
 
MakubexGB said:
Also, it doesn't have Ditgital Output.

It has digital out I think. It's this silly flexi jack that can be set to coax output, no optical out.
 
From the US page.

http://us.creative.com/products/pro...669&product=15855&nav=technicalSpecifications

Connectivity Speaker and Headphone connections for stereo to 7.1 (Line Out via three 3.5mm mini jacks)
Line In / Microphone In / Digital Out* / Digital I/O** (shared 3.5mm FlexiJack)
Auxiliary Line level Input (via 4-pin Molex connector)
Intel HD Audio Compatible Front Panel Header (2x5pin)
* Digital Out supports stereo SPDIF out and pass through of multichannel DVD sound
** Digital I/O requires Sound Blaster Digital I/O Module (sold separately)
 
Back
Top