• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about X-Fi and front panel audio

cc2096

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
1,670
Pretty self explainatory, but is there any way to wire the front panel audio jacks to the X-Fi XM? I would like to use the jacks on the front of my Qpack as it would be easier for LANing. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks! :D
 
My guess is yes, with a soldering iron and some wire.

You can also pickup the platinum edition, that is if you have the cash, which includes all kinds of jacks on its 5 1/2" bay box.

Other than that I do not believe that the X-Fi has front pannel connectors, allthough I may be wrong.
 
DaRkF0g said:
My guess is yes, with a soldering iron and some wire.

You can also pickup the platinum edition, that is if you have the cash, which includes all kinds of jacks on its 5 1/2" bay box.

Other than that I do not believe that the X-Fi has front pannel connectors, allthough I may be wrong.

I would have gotten the plat ed. as the diference in price isn't all that much, however as you can see from my sig I am running an Aspire X-Qpack (SFF) and needed both 5.25" bays for my 2 Lite-On burners. :(
 
Ahh I see, I did not notice that before. Well, a soldering iron may be your only choice then, really if you are handy with one it shouldnt be that hard, there is enough room to work and solder some wires onto the part where the ports are connected to the PCB. (Be carefull though, as this may void your warranty.)

PS. Wow, I also didnt notice that you lived in norristown :p
 
I think the connections were the same as the Audigy and live series front panel connection pins, and there are links here to websites that show the wiring of front panel connection pins.

Do a search of the forums.
 
DaRkF0g said:
PS. Wow, I also didnt notice that you lived in norristown :p

LOL damn Doylestown, yea we are like 20 min away from each other, heh. :D

BBA said:
I think the connections were the same as the Audigy and live series front panel connection pins, and there are links here to websites that show the wiring of front panel connection pins.

Do a search of the forums.

I did look at the threads with the A2ZS pin outs, but I wasn't sure they were the same. Oh well it's in a Qpack, not like it's hard to reach around to the back and change the speakers to headphones :cool: .
 
cc2096 said:
I did look at the threads with the A2ZS pin outs, but I wasn't sure they were the same. Oh well it's in a Qpack, not like it's hard to reach around to the back and change the speakers to headphones :cool: .
Hey, how about using something like USB header pins??
 
DaRkF0g said:
Hey, how about using something like USB header pins??

Thats what I was thinking about doing, but I am not sure of the pin-out on the X-Fi, and didn't know if anyone had figured it out yet.
 
Back
Top